Time got away from me this week, so here are my weekly smiles, a day late.
I could stop right there, right? Girl+chocolate=happy. She’s learning that lesson early in life.
Other smile makers this week:
- Six little girls in leotards prancing around the tumbling gym following their teacher.
- Hula hooping with my daughter on International Hoop Day, the same day as tumbling class.
- No pants dance party. Let me clarify. The kids weren’t wearing pants. But we were ALL dancing. Like this. In the living room. With the shades open.
- Getting my Zumba groove on for the first time. I think a Wii is in our not-too-distant future.
- Food names according to Corban: rock’n’rolly (guacamole), monster cheese (muenster cheese) and hamon (salmon — pork of the sea?).
- Date night.
- Passing 20,000 words written in the first two weeks of November. (Go, NaNoWriMo!)
- Using my imagination. And letting the kids use theirs. We created this a couple of different times this week:It’s a barn for the animals and the Barbies. House/barn party?
- Grand opening of the Bartelt School of Arts and Crafts. This is so out of character for me, but the kids had a blast, and we didn’t even make a huge mess.
And a few more just for fun. Sometimes I have to make myself play with my kids instead of turning chores into play. I’m almost guaranteed a smile if I play with them. Who could resist?